Division of Code Enforcement & Permitting

Welcome to the Division of Code Enforcement & Permitting, your go-to resource for ensuring a seamless process in enhancing your home, property, or business.

Division Responsibilities:

  • Zoning Permits and Variance Requests
  • Stormwater Management
  • Enforcement of the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code
  • Building Occupancy and Permits
  • Building Inspections (excluding Plumbing and Electrical)
  • Sign Permits
  • Fire Prevention Permits and Inspection
  • Sanitary Sewers
  • Business Occupancy Permits
  • Logging Permits
  • Food Truck Permits
  • Property Code & Zoning Enforcement

What We Don't Do:

  • Issue permits for or conduct plumbing or electrical inspections.
  • Plumbing inspections: Conducted by Allegheny County Health Department Plumbing Inspection Division.
  • Electrical inspections: Conducted by Township-approved electrical inspectors.
  • Perform commercial plan review. Commercial plan reviews: Performed by Township-approved commercial plan review examiners.
  • Conduct health or food safety inspections.
  • Food safety inspections: Performed by the Allegheny County Health Department.Inspect septic or on-lot sewage disposal systems. These inspections: Performed by the Allegheny County Health Department.

Important Reminder: Always consult with us to determine the permits required before making any improvements or changes to your property.

For a comprehensive list of Township-approved electrical inspectors, commercial plan review examiners, and other essential contact information, refer to the Cover All Contacts Form.

The Township has adopted a Truth in Advertisement Ordinance for all Businesses. This ordinance requires all businesses to identify themselves as being in “North Fayette” and not “Robinson”, “City of Pittsburgh”, “Oakdale Borough”, or other locations. Please read over the ordinance carefully and contact our Community Development Department with any questions.

Accepted Forms of Payment

Effective April 1, 2022, the Department of Community Development will no longer accept cash payments for any applications or permits.

Accepted forms of payment are personal checks, business checks, money orders, and credit cards.  Credit cards will only be accepted in person at the Municipal Building.


  1. There are no alerts at this time.