Helping with Stormwater Management
Everyone needs to do their part to help maintain a healthy and safe living environment. Anything that goes into North Fayette's storm inlets flow untreated to the Township's streams and waterways.Please be cautious and keep the following things in mind to prevent pollution:
- Use pesticides and fertilizers sparingly.
- Repair automobile leaks.
- Dispose of household hazardous waste used auto fluids such as antifreeze, oil, etc. and batteries at designated collection or recycling locations. Don't dump them in an inlet.
- Clean up after your pet.
- Use a commercial car wash or wash your car on a lawn or other unpaved surface.
- Sweep up yard debris rather than hosing down areas.
- Compost or recycle yard waste when possible.
- Clean paint brushes in a sink, not outdoors.
- Properly dispose of excess paints through a household hazardous waste collection program. The PA Resources Council usually hosts several events per year.
- Sweep up and property dispose of construction debris like concrete and mortar.
- Don't litter. Always dispose of trash and other debris in an appropriate receptacle.
- Help to prevent erosion by planting steep slopes and planting bare spots. Loose soil will erode the stream bank and harm fish and wildlife.